Sunday, May 11, 2008

Smile, it's Mother's Day


I don't celebrate Mother's Day at the moment.


I 'm a waiting mother-to-be, without my child. I expect the same next Mother's Day.


I'm a child without a mother as well. I get little comfort spending the day the cemetery. My parents have been gone since 1999 (Dad) and 2001 (Mom) and I will admit these holidays are still tough.


So on Mother's Day and Father's Day, I try to find activities that keep me away from the whole happy, shiny, Hallmark moments. Today, I spent the afternoon cruising the antique malls. The only reminders of Mom were some of those fugly 1960s mixing bowls I remember from our old house. That made me smile.


So for those of you who do celebrate, I hope your day was joyful, and for those of you waiting to become a mom, I hope next year will see a wonderful change!


m