Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Pig was a sign, not an impulse buy


I'll admit I was in the store (Itsy Bitsy World @ Polaris) because I needed a baby fix. I'd already been to Baby Gap and Gymboree looking for a baby "pick-me-up" with no purchases made.


But I swear, the Pig literally threw itself off the shelf at me. I had to buy her.


She's been named NO because she is 'Not Olivia' the Pig, though she bares quite the resemblance. She is now in charge; in the house for 1 day and already forcing me to do things. I respond well to guilty looks, even from inanimate objects.


In the photo, NO is sitting atop the newly altered toy chest. I added wheels and safety hinges to a box I found at the antique mall. All work was done under the watchful eye of the Pig. The next project is the emptying of the guest room so it can become the nursery. I think NO is preparing a project list for me.


m