Saturday, May 19, 2007

There can always be more Paperwork

This month, it's 1 year since my Homestudy was completed. Update required. In July the first of my U.S. documentation, my fingerprints, expire. Update required. In September, my I-171H joins the expiration party. Yup, update required.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Homestudy is only good for 2 years; you needed an updated Homestudy to renew the other Federal paperwork. The big question, how much closer to the adoption will I be in May, 2008? I could end up repeating most of the Paperchase again.


On another paperwork front, the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption added a certification requirement on all international adoption agencies. What that means for me is that families in the process need to complete some classes on international and transracial adoption. I'd actually already taken most of the classes but I might need to take them again.

Hey, did I mention that I start grad school next month? I LOVE Paperwork!

Bring it on; my little Beach Baby is worth every page.

m