I leave in the morning. As evidenced by this post, I don't think I'll get any sleep before takeoff. That might be a good thing; if I'm really tired by the time my flight leaves Chicago I might be able to sleep on the way to Hong Kong!
A little overview of my trip. I'm flying through Chicago to Hong Kong first. China is 13 hours ahead of home and it is a 15 hour flight, so I will get in late Saturday, HK time. Spending the night there, then catching a quickie flight to Nanning.
Monday is the big day! Some time around 2AM Columbus time I will meet BB. She is mine in the eyes of China at that point. We will spend the rest of the week in Nanning, while China processes their documentation. Then on to Guangzhou, where we spend another week doing the US paperwork. On Friday BB will receive her US visa and we begin the long trip home. Again, first an overnight in Hong Kong, then a long flight to Chicago (where BB becomes an official US citizen!) and a final hop home.
I share all this with the a few caveats:
- Please keep our travel plans out of Facebook. I will be posting to the blog only; the rest of the social media universe doesn't need to know.
- I will be trying to post pictures and information while I'm gone, but there is always a good chance I won't be able to connect. I promise to do what I can.
Wish me (and BB) luck!
m
