Best thing about the Hong Kong airport? Luggage carts! All over the place, including at the arrivals area, the departure area and the gate areas. All free and it makes it so easy to handle your bags. I rolled mine right up to the doors of the airport hotel last night.
I spent a few hours at the airport on Sunday, waiting to leave for Nanning. By the time I got to my gate I was one of only two Western faces. The flight was quick and the plane was bigger than the puddle jumper I took from Columbus to Chicago.
Nanning airport was a shock. I didn't see airport personnel, just military. I found my guide and we took a minivan ride for 45 minutes to the hotel.
My next shock was what greeted me in my room. An empty crib. I think I stared at it all night.
