We started right after Gotcha with some photos, which are part of her paperwork to leave the country, and for her passport. We all headed back to the rooms and dinner. Okay, everyone but me headed for dinner. Jude wailed every time I put her down so we had matching meltdowns and lots of cuddling. Eventually she had a half bottle and settled a bit. She had a stuffy nose and a tiny cough.
After another round of paperwork, with Jude strapped to my chest, and then I put her down for the night. I abandoned 2 pair of pjs that were too short. Goodbye those cute 9 month clothes at home! I put Jude down to sleep at 8. She didn't like it but once I pulled her blanket on she got the idea. She lay quiet and watched me for a bit then crashed. My dinner was half a peanut butter serving from "lunch" and a protein bar.
She slept through the night, doing much better than me. I was up at midnight, 3, and 5. Ever the worrier, I realized all of the things I needed to buy. One of the dads came by after I put her to bed and asked if I needed anything from the store. I stupidly said no. A few hours later, that impulsive no changed to yes I did need stuff and it would have been so much easier for me if someone else schelped it from the store. The carrier is great but someone doing the lifting is better.
The carrier I bought from Walking Rock Farm is awesome! Eventually, Jude would see it and pull the strap over her head to tell me she was ready too go! I don't know if there are any pictures of us using it, but it was invaluable.